The Mercury Access Platform – Virtual Access Processor (VAP) kernel is capable of residing onboard any suitable host, enabling the rich feature-set of our EP family of intelligent controllers (EP 1502 or 2500 for example) while eliminating the need for added controller hardware. This logic, coupled with the well-documented API, allows the host’s application to bring those access control features to life that best fit the market requirements, providing the shortest time to market for access and alarm management.
This complete kernel resides in less than 1MB of memory and is the perfect access control enhancement for DVR’s, time and attendance stations, intercoms, alarm panels, parking controls and network switches, allowing the addition of physical security without extensive, costly hardware implications.
The VAP provides oversight to either local or remote downstream devices using any host application desired, from traditional online apps, to web browser applications that connect on demand.
The embedded users of the Mercury Access Platform benefit from relying on the same code inside the family of Mercury intelligent controllers -- the industry’s most proven platforms with the largest installed base, the longest run-time performance, and the largest community of integration partners, equally capable of linking to the VAP.
Features: (All at the discretion of the host provider application)
- Gain the powerful reliability of Mercury’s intelligent controllers without additional hardware
- Small memory requirements supports system flexibility
- Easily support system diversification to include a range of sensors and monitoring
- Multi-operating system support
- Multi- host interface communications
- Multi- card format support
- Multi-reader technology support
- AES 128 bit data encryption
- Universal I/O device characterization