Implementing PSIA Standards: Perspectives from Industry Leaders
Thursday, March 29th, 8:30-10:00am
Bellini Room 2012
Venetian Hotel/Sands Expo Center
Geoff Kohl of SecurityInfoWatch will moderate a panel of security industry leaders discussing standards, why we need them, and their experience in implementing them into products. Topics that will be discussed include:
· How PSIA standards can be implemented and practical experiences from manufacturers who have included these in commercial products
· The true value of standards
· Why is it important for companies to implement open standards in their products now?
· Can standards-based products result in a positive ROI?
· How do the standards development activities in the security industry compare to other industries?
· Can multiple standards co-exist in the market?
· How can companies become part of the standards development process?
VP of Engineering- ObjectVideo
Sr. Manager- Cisco STS
CTO- Mercury Security Corporation
VP of Engineering- UTC Automation Control Systems